Typically, garage door maintenance includes:
- Inspection and tightening of all screws and bolts
- Lubrication of garage door sprocket, rollers and chains
- If necessary, rebalancing of the door
- Adjustment of garage door travel as well as safety settings
- Testing of garage door openers’ down force pressure
- Checking alignment of electronic eyes
The best garage door repair services offer quality and reliable garage door maintenance service included in their service. Just like repairs, maintenance is an important service that every garage door owner must have for their garage doors.
Why You Should Let Pros Handle the Garage Door Spring Repair
Many garage door owning are opting to do the repairs on their own when their garage door breaks down on them. While simple repairs can be done at home like lubricating the rollers, fixing garage door springs must always be done by a professional.
Garage door springs are one of the most dangerous parts of the garage door. If it is not handled by a professional, it could very well end up in serious accidents. If you are not familiar with garage doors, you really should never mess with garage door springs.